The Capital Hotel seeks a Reservation Sales Agent.
Our optimal, preferred candidate will have a college degree or equivalent education with previous work experience. Priority will be given to candidates with previous phone-based customer service experience, especially in a hospitality setting.
If you have interest in this position, please click “Apply” and you will be directed on the next steps of the application process.
Include but are not limited to:
- Courteously and efficiently handle reservations, cancellations and alterations to guest room reservations while keeping guests’ preferences and needs in mind. As a Reservation Sales Agent, offer options based on guest history, reason for the visit, and other available information.
- Promptly answer all incoming reservations calls assisting with other question as they arise.
- Adhere to the department’s and the hotel’s standards, guidelines and policies at all times and represent the Capital Hotel culture, pride and hospitality.
- Be a problem solver instead of an order taker. Gather all pertinent information, anticipate guest needs and offer the best solution, along with some alternate options. When unable to fulfill guest requests, always offer alternate solutions.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of hotel reservation systems and other systems required to perform daily tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel restaurants and their hours of operation and offer assistance with dining reservations. Stay appraised of private dining events.
- Check reservations made through all internal and external channels daily to ensure accuracy and follow through on guest requests.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Conduct a pre-arrival check by making contact with guests prior to their arrival to reconfirm stay details, gather missing information and offer assistance with guest requests.
- Conduct audit of reservations on the books to catch and resolve potential duplicate reservations and duplicate guest profiles.
- Maintain a database of regular guests and clients and advise them of upcoming busy dates on a regular basis.
- Maintain friendly composure throughout all guest interactions.
- Maintain good working relationship with the Sales Team and offer assistance to Sales Managers as required.
- Maintain good working relationship with other departments of the hotel. Ensure proper flow of information throughout the hotel and follow through on guest requests.
- Be a part of the team and offer to share your colleagues’ workload as needed.
- Communication with guests and clients should be a conversation. Maintain your own unique style instead of following the herd, while maintaining the hotel’s standards.
- Assist in resolving travel agent commission inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Take ownership of the job responsibilities and show creativity in suggesting more efficient ways of conducting daily tasks. Be a lifelong learner and share your knowledge and ideas with colleagues.
- Pleasantly and creatively resolve guest complaints ensuring that the Supervisor is involved as needed.
- Take pride in appearance while adhering to Hotel standards as set forth in the Employee handbook.
Skills and Requirements
- College degree or equivalent education is preferred
- Previous work experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Must have passion for hospitality, eagerness to learn and a positive and upbeat attitude
- Must be able to work positively while under pressure
- Must be able to work different shifts
- Ability to maintain positive morale and professional demeanor
- Must be able to pass a thorough background and driving record check
hotel, reservation, sales, reservations, hospitality, convention, meeting, meetings, Capital Hotel, Little Rock